Monday, November 19, 2012

Change From the Outside In

If you've ever experienced a loss of something or someone profound, you might identify with my current desire for physical change. The magnitude of change I seek is often directly correlated to the depth of emotional impact a loss carries for me. After a big breakup a few years ago, I adopted a weekend rocker style with leather jackets, ripped t-shirts and skinny jeans. Today, I've been thinking about dying my hair from blonde to red. Pretty significant. 
Thinking Emma Stone like red.
BUT, can a drastic change to your appearance impact your career? I've always believed if one buys a new well-fitting outfit or gets better glasses, this positive change can have a positive impact on their attitude and thus their career. But what if its just a change for the sake of it? Would I be perceived as going off the deep end or unfit for client work? No one will actually tell you that if they do. Doing some research online on the topic resulted in general consensus that as long as the change is natural looking enough, it doesn't matter too much. I'll soon find out.

How does the redheaded me dress? Still thinking about that but so far, a new coat from Helmut Lang for the new me: light colored to highlight the new hair, casual when worn open but formal when closed, with edgy leather sleeves:


No comments:

Post a Comment