Sunday, October 2, 2011

Our First Post - Welcome to our blog!



We are on a mission for the working woman and we'll be writing this blog together. While we each share much of the same interests and passions, below is an introduction from our own perspectives.

Lex:
Fashion has been a passion and interest of mine for as long as I can remember. Though I don’t work in the fashion industry, I feel it plays an important role in everyone’s life no matter what industry you are in. Whether you like it or not, what you wear makes a statement.
I’ve worked in the financial industry for the past 7yrs and have always found shopping for work clothes more of a chore than enjoyment (as shopping should be).  From speaking with our colleagues, peers and friends we found out we are not alone. We launched this blog with the corporate lady in mind to show them looks that are easy to put together, ideas to get the most out of your purchases as well as a few tips we have picked up over the years.
Ludlow:
It feels like yesterday I started my first job out of college. A corporate environment yes, but during the tail end of the heady '90s, when there were more jobs than people and companies were paying 'reporting' bonuses to 21 year olds. This was a time when companies wanted to be nicer - casual fridays, ping pong tables and regular parties. Today, the economy is less robust to say the least. Thus, we the employed must ensure our outward image, both physical and the team spirit we project, is at the highest level it can be. "Dress for the job you want!" 
Unfortunately how you dress can be just as important as what you say, if not more (I hope, dear reader, that you don't know what I am talking about because you work in an environment of absolute encouragement and acceptance!). Of course, the best way to learn and understand this is actually making mistakes (in a future blog, see me in a fairy costume, in front of my new colleagues - I swear). I myself have learned many lessons along the way. So here, in this blog, we hope to share with you what our obsession with fashion combined with the corporate environment has taught us. Also, with age brings wisdom and the belief that practicality is probably better when you work a 12 hour day than those fantastic 5 inch heels!  We hope you learn, enjoy... or at least laugh.. and at us is ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment